Pasta with Goat Cheese, Tomatoes, and Crispy Garlic
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta
- 9-10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- sea salt to taste
- freshly grated Romano cheese (optional)
- Add the olive oil and smashed garlic to a small skillet over low heat.
- Let cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring the garlic every two to three minutes. Be sure to keep a close eye on it, making sure the garlic doesn’t burn. The end result should be lightly golden and toasted garlic.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Spoon out the garlic and finely chop. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the grape tomatoes to a colander and cook fusilli according to package directions.
- Drain the fusilli over the tomatoes and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the fusilli, tomatoes, goat cheese, basil, and infused olive oil. Season with salt to taste.
- Top with crispy garlic and Romano cheese.