Bake for 30 minutes and you’ve got this pan of deliciousness.
Zucchini Wheat Brownies
2 cups grated Zucchini (about 2 medium-large zucchinis)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup chocolate chips (preferably dark chocolate 60% cocoa or greater), divided
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1) Prepare your zucchini by peeling them and then shredding them (either with a box grater or with a shredding attachment to a food processor). If you want your zucchini pieces even a bit smaller, process them in the food processor for a few seconds.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Mix it all together. Set aside.
3) Melt 3/4 of the chocolate in a large bowl. Either in the microwave for a couple minutes or in a double boiler.
4) Stir into the chocolate your brown sugar, white sugar, extract, eggs and oil. Combine well.
5) Add in the flour mixture to the chocolate/ sugar mixture. Stir until it’s all thoroughly combined.
6) Finally, stir in the Zucchini to the batter.
7) In a 9″ greased pan, pour in the brownie batter and top with your remain chocolate chips.
8) Bake for 30 minutes making sure that batter is dry when placing a fork or toothpick into it.
Cool and ENJOY!!